Monday 27 January 2020

Hi there!

Hi there,

Thanks for coming here to read my blog!
I am trying my best to update this as frequently as possible and it's funny how after living here for over ten years - that everyday new things for a visitor or an expat freshly moving here - is perfectly normal life for me now.

It will take me awhile to adjust in my mind to remember to write in this as if I was a newbie but I will do my best!

It has taken me five years to decide to start this project up again because you see - this blog "Learning About Finland" was my life when I first moved to Finland (specifically central Finland) because I did not know anyone and was expecting my first child with my (now ex) husband.
Once my youngest was about 6 months old, my blog got hacked and silly me for not having proper security measurements in place...I could not get it back.
I don't want to dig up the past because its happened and done and should stay in the past.  But I am very happy to be blogging again and more importantly adding a twist to my blog - interviewing real people and businesses each month - which was my goal for the previous blog before it got hacked to bits and pieces.

I initially moved here in 2009 because my other half had come to do his phD here in Finland and been here ever since.

My hobbies include writing in my bullet journal (you can follow here on Instagram), doing handicrafts, blogging, cooking and baking (you can follow here on Instagram for my account strictly dedicated to breads and salads) and also travelling regularly between two cities to help care for my three kids.

I have found the best way to find friends in Finland is to immerse myself into groups with activities - so I created a craft group in Turku which allowed me not only to make friends but also gives me an oppourtunity to work on my handicraft projects (of which I have far too many) and a board and card game group as well  - also based in Turku!

The great thing about these kind of groups - whether they are specific for certain topics or events or not - is that you will surely find someone to connect with that has been in your shoes!

And I am hoping that sharing my personal experiences - whether it be reviewing a café, shop or restaurant - or simply writing about a particular situation that occurred to me - will help you with what you need!

Welcome and feel free to follow via Facebook as well!

Of course it goes without saying - please feel free to share my posts - photos are my own (unless otherwise noted) and taken with my trusty little iPhone.

Dominique




No comments:

Post a Comment